Sunday, December 20, 2009

Passion of The Pancake!

In my house, Sunday brunch is lovingly known as "I-Mom". (a more economical and tastier version of I-Hop)
The star of breakfast is most usually some well cooked starch. My favorite is PANCAKES!!.....or french toast!

This morning I've decided to continue my use of the in-season CRANBERRY! The taste is soo tart and wonderful, it goes great with most starch and proteins.  I think these pancakes will go well on my Christmas breakfast menu.

What you need....

  • Pancake Mix (I used a "complete" mix with blueberries)
  • *eggs (maybe, depending on the mix you buy)
  • Water or *milk (depending on the mix you buy)
  • 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries.
  • 2 tbs of powdered sugar to sprinkle on pancakes
  • Butter for the griddle and to top the pancakes
Prepare Pancake Mix (I used a hand mixer, it incorporates more air yielding fluffier pancakes) according to the box directions, adding 1/4 cup finely diced cranberries for each cup of mix used.  (I put them in a blender).



This recipe is really easy. Just add your favorite sides to complete the meal.

Eat & enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum -- I'm all about cranberries right now too! Just put some in my oatmeal as a matter of fact.

    ** FTM (38) to Vivian Elizabeth born 11/13/09 **

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails