Friday, December 18, 2009

Mac Xpress!!

Ok!

On today's menu is Mac & Cheese. I have never tried making this before, but while looking in the ole' cabinets for tonight's main course I came across a box of macaroni and inspiration hit. I remembered the two blocks of cheddar in the fridge. A quick glance around the found the other few ingredients to complete the dish. Simple, fun, and good. Ryan (my 6 yo) grated the first half of the cheese, then my 12 yo Aaron finished up.

So without further ado I humbly present my mac & cheese.

Things I would change-----I used olive oil in place of butter. Use the butter! The olive oil leaves a very slight olive taste, which mac & cheese is NOT supposed to have. All in all borderline success!

            What you need!
  • 1/4 tsp flour
  • 2-1/2 cups of milk
  • 2 tbsp Margarine or butter (I put olive oil....Nooo...bad cook...)
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 box Elbows (about 2 cups), cooked 5 minutes and drained 
  Cooking it up!
  • In medium saucepan combine flour, salt, stir in milk.
  • Add margarine.
  • Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
  • Remove from heat.
  • Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheese until melted.
  • Add elbows.
  • Pour into greased baking dish.
  • Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
  • Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned
Eat and enjoy. Maybe I'll do it better next time.....the taste is about a 7 out of 10. If you know a better recipe, send it to me. pleeeeeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails