Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cookin' With Gas??

I remember being in fifth grade and hearing that term first used by my math teacher. After almost a whole period of trying to teach the class a new difficult math lesson, one by one we began to catch on. In a single file line we had our turn at the board to solve an equation given to us by Mr D, as we each began to get the questions right he exclaimed loudly "NOW WE'RE COOKING WITH GAS". No one immediately understood what that expression meant, but by the end of class we knew it to be an exclamation of encouragement and that we were "on the right track". Now......here is what the online dictionary has

"Efficiently performing a task after a long period of inefficient performance or possibly failed attempts at the entire task or certain steps in the process."

Well I guess it certainly is the best term to describe my adventures in the kitchen. This blog will be an ode to my successes and failures at making dishes that are not on my normal dinner roll call.

LET'S GET COOKING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails