Things I would change....
Next time I will include a fruit filling of some type.
I would make the icing completely out of modified whip cream.
I baked the cake according to the directions for a two layer.
cool cake completely before icing it.
The icing is something I made up.
- 1/2 container of pecan coconut icing (store bought)
- 1 container of vanilla icing (store bought)
- 1+ 1/2 package cream cheese
- Whip cream (heavy cream, vanilla and sugar whipped)
- mix all things together. Dust off crumbs and frost cake using half the icing mixture.
- chill cake in the freezer until icing is slightly stiff.
- remove cake from freezer, then use a metal spatula to smooth out the icing.
- set the other iced layer on top of the other.
- apply remaining icing , chill the smooth icing again.
- apply decorations and remaining coconut icing to the middle of the cake.
now...tell me what is your favorite cake flavor?