dimensional. So key lime cream pie #1 was a bust....but of course this cookin' mama never lets anything go....not without a fight...so on to take #2!
What did I do to fix this up you ask??? well here we go....!
Here's what you need.............(don't worry....this one's easy!)
- one package pre made graham cracker crust
- 2 packages of 16 oz cream cheese (you only need one....but the extra you may need if you melt your cheese too much in the microwave) be safe..get 2.
- 8-12 plump key limes or some lime juice but make sure to buy 1 or 2 limes for garnish (lucky for me the sell key limes at my local store!)
- half stick of butter (softened)
- 2 or 3 cups of heavy cream, whipped and sweetened with sugar (or use cool whip...I like fresh cream best)
- 1 can of key lime pie filling or 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used the lack luster pie filling)
- lime zest (just grate the skin of one or two limes).
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar..you can make your own too)
First for the pie crust.....I removed the crust from the package, crumbled it up in a bowl and mixed it with the melted butter. I used a square baking dish and pressed the soft crumbs to the bottom....but you can leave it in the original foil pie pan if you like ..then skip using the butter.
*juice your limes leaving one or two for garnish!
*soften your cream cheese! (take it out of the foil-ish package..put on a plate..nuke it for 10-20 seconds)
in a mixer or big bowl using your own arm power...mix the lime juice, (pie filling & cup of sugar) or (condensed milk & don't use the cup of sugar) and cream cheese until its smooth..or until you're tired and your arm hurts lol! then add 3/4 of your prepared whipped cream and fold it in until its blended well.
Scrape key lime mixture into your graham cracker crust of choice and garnish with lime slices and lime zest....chill in the freezer a few hours until its semi solid.
Slice, top with some of the whipped cream you set aside & enjoy