Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Super Fresh Tomatillo Pow!


How I love thee........

I honestly love this awesome green sauce!! I began making this when I first started making Mexican style tacos at home. Now I think I will make this and keep some in the freezer to put on just about everything. Lately I have been tweaking the recipe, and this is the final result......I think =^_^=.......at least until I think of something else yummy that "just hasssss to be thrown in"! If you decide to give this sauce a go, then don't be affraid to do a little "tweaking of your own.....as I type I just added some sour cream & cotija cheese for a spicy, creamy, fresh tasting treat!


Tomatillo Pow

What you need.......
  • 2 large tomatillos, husks removed, washed, and quartered
  • 1 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 cup of cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons of vinegar
  • 2 small habanero or scotch bonnet peppers
  • a dash of salt
  • 1/2 of an avocado
  • 1/2 red tomato (you can leave this out if you like)
  • 1/2 large white onion (I like red if I remember to buy them)
  • a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Cook it up.......

Well there is no "cooking" involved...........but the next step is to toss all of these ingredients into a blender (I used my new awesome Wolfgang Puck immersion blender ^_^) and process to a smooth consistency.

All done! enjoy over some homemade tacos or whatever else you think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails